After the shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning whirlwind that was the holidays, it's nice to know there's a delicious, always-a-hit recipe out there that's super easy to make and clean up. And that recipe is Cheesy Baked Rigatoni. Seriously, no kid (or adult) in the world doesn't fall in love after a single bite of this delectable goodness. It's got pasta, cheese, and tomatoes. How can you possibly go wrong?
Cheesy Baked Rigatoni
- 12 oz uncooked Rigatoni
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
More from The Stir: 10 Crazy Good Crock-Pot Pasta Recipes for Fast & Fabulous Dinners
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Undercook pasta
3. In a large bowl, combine tomato sauce, Parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper.
4. Drain pasta and let cool a bit.
5. Add pasta to bowl and mix well until pasta is totally coated.
6. Pour pasta in a 9x13 baking dish, add shredded cheese on top and bake for about 20 minutes. You can broil an additional 3-4 minutes if you want the topping to be crispy (be careful not to burn the pasta).
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
Image via Janssen, Valerie/the food passionates/Corbis