Now that the holidays are approaching, it's time to start thinking long and hard about our desserts. What are we going to bake? What are we going to create? What are we going to bring to our friend's holiday soiree and our kid's school party?!
There are the tried-and-true holiday desserts -- red velvet cupcakes, Christmas sugar cookies -- and while they're all fine and delicious, why not spice it up this year? These Peppermint Kiss Cupcakes couldn't be more Christmasy if they were whipped up by a batch of elves themselves. And newsflash: They're super delish.
Peppermint Kiss Cupcakes
- Your favorite box of white or vanilla cake mix (Chocolate will work, too, but I think white looks prettier with the red.)
- Candy canes, crushed
- 1 Bag Hershey's Kisses in Candy Cane
- Buttercream frosting
- Peppermint Oil -- optional (If you'd like, you can add 1/4 a teaspoon to your frosting mix to give a minty flavor.)
- Cupcake liners (These are super cute!)
1. Bake the cupcakes according to the instructions.
2. Frost after they cool.
3. Sprinkle crushed cane bits on top.
4. Finish with a Candy Cane Kiss in each center.
Image via tawest64/Flickr