An amazing thing is happening at restaurants all across the country. A mystery diner has been leaving thousands of dollars in tips anonymously, leaving just the signature @TipsForJesus. And then those tips get posted via the TipsForJesus Instagram account. According to one count, over $54,000 in tips have been left in the name of Jesus.
This is wonderful and everything, but who is leaving these huge tips?!? We have to wonder. Here are my best guesses.
1. Jesus. Who would have thought that the second coming of Christ would involve social media in this way? But this kind of is the 21st century version of the loaves and the fishes, if you think about it.
2. Lotto winner. Someone who read all those sad stories about what really happens to lottery winners decided to choose another path. Rather than buy a boat, a McMansion, and who knows what else, they decided it give it all away. But first we eat! They're also doing a little traveling around the country, eating at their favorite places.
3. A megachurch. Maybe it's not one person -- maybe it's a group of people, and they've all pooled their resources to tip. And then at some point they're going to reveal themselves and become even more popular than Joel Osteen.
4. Joel Osteen. This explains so much! No, actually, it doesn't.
5. Santa Claus. Why not? 'Tis the season and all that. I mean, it's probably Santa and his elves, and that would explain all the traveling around the country. Clearly the elves are checking up on who's been naughty and nice.
6. Hanukkah Harry. Why not?
Who do you think @TipsForJesus really is?
Image via TipsForJesus/Instagram