Now that we're all hunkering down for a cozy week of cooking for the big holiday, you know what sounds delicious? Starting it all off with a stack of pancakes. We all know how the classic buttermilk pancake hits the spot. But since it's autumn, I thought I'd look around for some pancake recipes with fall flavors. These pancakes should make you think of autumn leaves, pumpkin pie, and that cozy feeling you get waking up on a holiday morning.
1. Nutty Butternut Squash Pancakes with Baked Apples. Butternut squash AND apples, together? What a healthy start to your day -- but also delicious.
2. Buttermilk Pancakes with Caramelized Pears and Pecans Topped with Vanilla Whipped Cream. This pancake recipe is practically dessert with those caramelized pears, but isn't that what weekend and holiday breakfasts are for?
3. Sweet Potato Pancakes With Amaretto Whipped Cream. If you thought that last one sounded decadent, this takes it to a whole 'nother level. Maybe I'd use regular whipped cream for the kids, but amaretto for the adults sounds just right.
4. Pecan Pumpkin Filled Pancakes. This recipe takes delicious fall toppings and hides them inside the pancakes. Fun!
5. Perfect Autumn Pancakes With Apple Cider, Pumpkin, and Pecans. Why it's your entire autumn right in one pancake recipe! This recipe starts with a pancake mix, so it's simpler than it sounds.
6. Olive Oil Pancakes with Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt. A different take on autumn -- I love the combination of chocolate, olive oil, and salt. You could just make regular chocolate chip pancakes, but now that you've seen this recipe, why would you?
7. Whole Grain Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes. Because we need a gluten-free recipe on this list! This pumpkin pancake recipe looks so satisfying.
8. Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Maple Syrup. What a clever idea -- taking the flavors of carrot cake and turning them into pancakes. Why not -- this sounds luscious.
What's your favorite autumn pancake recipe?