I'm not going to deny the fact that I hate winter with every freezing bone in my body. But even I, a person who'd be perfectly happy with 95 degree weather every day, can't deny the fact that the smell of cookies baking on a chilly afternoon is pretty much irresistible. Especially when said cookies look like tiny snowmen.
The winter's the worst, you guys, there's no getting around it. But you know what's not? This incredibly delicious Snowman Cookie Recipe. The kids will love making them with you; your friends will delight in eating them; and seriously -- what else do you have to do when it's 1 degree out?
Snowman Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix of your choice (if you want to make from scratch, all you!)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 21 pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 1 container fluffy white frosting
- Assorted candies
1. Heat oven to 375 F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
2. Shape dough into 21 (1 1/4-inch) balls, 21 (1-inch) balls and 21 (3/4-inch) balls. For each snowman, place 3 balls in decreasing sizes with edges just touching on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten balls slightly. Place snowmen about 3 inches apart.
3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from oven; immediately insert pretzel sticks into sides of middle balls for arms. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
4. Frost cookies and decorate with candies.
Image via Ralph Daily/Flickr