Crock-pots are magical, aren’t they? You just throw in a few ingredients, switch the thing on, and come back later to deliciousness. Also magical are the first hints of cooler fall days that beg for soup. Soup with melty cheese -- and broccoli, so we can pretend that it’s healthy. It’s like magic squared, really.
And this recipe is so easy it’s ridiculous. I bet you could make it even easier by replacing the fresh broccoli florets with frozen. I hear it’s better for you anyway.
Recipe via Pinch of Yum
Super Easy Crock-Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2-3 large heads of broccoli
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cans cream of chicken, potato, or mushroom soup
- 1 can milk (just refill the empty soup can)
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheddar cheese for topping
1. Chop broccoli into bite-sized florets.
2. Place soup, milk, evaporated milk, onion, and broccoli in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8.
3. Blend 3-4 cups of soup until broccoli has broken into small pieces, about 10 seconds. Add back to the pot and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and top with shredded cheese.
Image via Juli/Flickr