The following is a post from our sponsor, Betty Crocker.
If your little girl loves all things sweet and whimsical, she’ll adore this fairy-garden themed birthday party! And you’ll love how easy it is to throw everything together, from the adorable cake to the fanciful decorations, thanks to Betty Crocker’s step-by-step tips and ideas.
Setting the Scene
You can make the décor as simple or elaborate as you like -- your local craft store will probably have all the supplies you need. Here are some ideas:
- Use a sheet of preserved moss or textured green paper instead of a regular tablecloth.
- Decorate the table with tiny potted plants (artificial is fine!). Want to assign seats? Use sparkle letter stickers to spell out each guest’s name on a strip of paper and attach them to fake butterflies at each place setting.
- Mix-and-matched paper cups or old tumblers are functional as well as pretty. Add a pop of color by placing a small paper plate over a larger one (in a different hue) at each place setting.
- Bamboo forks are more “earthy” looking than plastic and they’re reusable, too!
- Create “mushroom” seats by wrapping stool seats in bright red fabric and topping with white circles cut from sheets of craft foam.
A Fairy-Approved Menu
It’s easy to add flair to sweet and savory nibbles that even the most finicky fairies will love.
- Bake individual servings of macaroni and cheese in green foil cupcake liners (you can even do this a day ahead and reheat before the party), and serve them in larger flower-shaped liners.
- Arrange mini corn dogs like petals on a flower-shaped serving platter, with a small bowl of honey mustard (for dipping) in the center.
- Make fruit “flowers” by threading cut-out watermelon shapes, honeydew or kiwi chunks, and grapes onto wooden skewers.
- For drinks, store-bought strawberry lemonade is a sweet refresher -- add a splash of seltzer or Italian soda for a fizzy treat.
Finish With a Fairy’s Dream Cake
This adorable cake looks complicated, but it’s actually simple to make if you follow the steps! All you need are Betty Crocker cake mix and frosting, round vanilla wafer cookies, gumdrops, chocolate-caramel candies, chewy chocolate candies, candy rocks, vanilla chips, and colorful sprinkles. No fancy tools are required!
Have you ever thrown a themed birthday party for your child at home?