I'm not big on themed food for parties, but Halloween is always the exception. The creepier the food, the more fun it is to eat. And there's nothing creepier than popping an edible bone in your mouth -- and edible bone made of sugary sweet meringue that is.
No need to get make yourself crazy mixing up snacks your Halloween party, this meringue bone recipe is super simple. They take just three ingredients to make, and they're just sugary enough to satisfy the sweet tooth (which are darn close to bones, now that I think about it).
Edible Meringue Bones recipe, adapted from Taste of Home:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
1. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium until soft peaks form.
2. Add sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form.
3. Place mixture in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. On parchment-lined baking sheets, pipe meringue into a 3 inch logs.
4. Pipe two 1 inch balls on opposite sides of each end of the log, to form the bone ends.
5. Bake at 225° for 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
More from The Stir: Amazing Ghost Cake With Flaming Eyes Recipe for Halloween (VIDEO)
What is your go-to creepy food recipe for Halloween parties?
Image via iStock