Whoopie pies. One of the world's most delicious, and conveniently, easy to make, treats. Few things can compare to biting into a soft whoopie pie and tasting the delectably sweet frosting inside. Yum.
If you're a peanut butter and chocolate lover, you absolutely need to make this Chocolate and Peanut Butter Whoopie Pie recipe today. And how's this for you: You probably have all the necessary ingredients in your cupboard already. How can you beat that?!
Homemade Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Cream together 1 cup of the butter or margarine and the egg. Add 1 cup white sugar, vanilla and hot water. Stir in the flour, cocoa, and baking soda and mix well.
2. Drop from a teaspoon onto cookie sheets and bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Sandwich cookies together with Peanut Butter Frosting.
3. To Make Peanut Butter Frosting: Blend 1 tablespoon butter and peanut butter. Stir in confectioners' sugar and add enough milk to make frosting soft enough to spread. Spread between the flat sides of two cookies and sandwich together.