Now that the weather is cooling down (sigh), I think it's technically illegal to ingest foods that don't contain the ingredients pumpkin, cinnamon, apple, nutmeg, or caramel. So these Apple Pancakes With Caramel Syrup are the perfect way to stay within legal confines, and you basically get to have dessert for breakfast. They're delicious. Nutritious(ish). And fantastically easy to make.
Apple Pancakes With Caramel Syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded tart apple
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
1. In a large bowl, combine butter, egg, milk and apple. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. Stir flour mixture into apple mixture, just until combined.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Combine ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until thickened to desired consistency. Drizzle over pancakes.
Image via Kitchen Life of a Navy/Wife