Fact: Everything is tastier when it's mini. Mini donuts. Mini tacos. And, um, mini cherry pies. Actually, make that mini heart-shaped cherry pies. Have you ever tried them? Not only are they delicious (hello, cherry pie!), they're absolutely adorable, and make the perfect gifts.
If you're looking for something fun to do with the kids, or just have a random urge to bake one night after they go to bed, you should definitely make this too-cute-for-words mini cherry pie recipe. These guys are guaranteed to be smash hit with anyone.
Mini Heart-Shaped Cherry Pies
- pie dough
- fresh cherries, chopped
- ricotta cheese
- sprinkle of sugar
- 1 TBSP butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out your pie dough. Cut out shapes with cookie cutter.
3. Sprinkle and stir the sugar with the chopped cherries in a bowl.
4. Lay out your heart cut outs on the baking sheet. Spoon on some fresh ricotta cheese, then spoon on the cherries. Lay down the top dough, seal to press with a fork.
5. Brush the top with melted butter.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes or until mini hearts are golden brown. The baking time will largely depend on the thickness of your pastry dough and your oven. Just keep close watch.
7. Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Image via mommyknows/Flickr