I'll take a hot summer day over any other extreme weather year round, but I couldn't get through it without one seasonal staple: Fresh fruit! Blueberries, pineapples, mangoes, strawberries, and oh yeah -- melon galore. Specifically, watermelon galore. Mmm. Seriously, who needs rich, fat-laden desserts when you can have a sugary, juicy slice of watermelon?
Okay, sometimes -- especially when you've had it plain a couple of times during the summer already and you get spoiled -- you may wanna mix it up and eat it a different way. That's why there are a slew of rockin' recipes utilizing blissful, perfectly summery sweet watermelon. Check 'em out ...
- Minted watermelon salad - It might sound a little wacky at first, but when you taste the flavors and experience the fresh factor of this delish lunch or dinner starter, you'll be forever mind blown.
- Watermelon Lime Cooler - All you need is three ingredients and you've got yourself a drink that was made for the beach!
- Watermelon Jelly - Of course we've never met a berry preserve we didn't like, but what about a melon one? Yummy.
- Drunken Watermelon - This one's a crowd-pleaser for all you party animals!
- Watermelon Margarita - If a drink like this is on a menu, it has my name written all over it. Especially if it's au naturel!
- Watermelon Soda Float - If you'd rather go the more innocent route, try this soda shop delight made with lime frozen yogurt. Nommm.
- Strawberry Watermelon Cake - What's better than one summer fruit in a dessert? TWO, obviously!
More from The Stir: 6 Crazy Things You Can Do With a Crock-Pot Besides Cooking Food
What watermelon recipes will you make this summer?