With summer in full swing, it's time to start perfecting your summer dishes. By this point, you (or your lovah or friend) probably already have the grilling down pat. And I'm assuming your fruit salads and berry pies are all the rage. But what about your summer salads? Particularly your summer pasta salads? How are they?
If you're looking for a super easy and incredibly refreshing dish to whip up in a pinch this summer, look no further than this bowtie pasta salad. It really is the tastiest.
Bowtie Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. bag bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 8 oz. bag frozen peas, thawed
- 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole small black olives, drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pint basket cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup real bacon bits
- 1 cup salad dressing of choice
1. Cook and drain pasta, while in strainer rinse pasta with cool water. Dump drained pasta into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss gently, adding your dressing last. This recipe serves 10.
Image via jeffreyw/Flickr