Some bosses make you work late, some make you participate in so-called "fun" runs, and some shove hallucinogenic mushrooms in your mouth as part of a thrilling game called "here, taste this and tell me what you think." It reportedly happened to Sofie Rasmussen at the N.Y.C. eatery Sticky's Finger Joint. She says her manager called her into the kitchen and tricked her into eating 'shrooms.
Not surprisingly, Sofie had a problem with this. She told the N.Y. Post:
It didn’t taste great. I was so confused. I was like, what the f--k is this? Then I realized what it was ... I felt weird. I was floating. I really didn’t want to talk to customers. I was being goofy. I was tripping, and I had one or two hours left on my shift.
Sofie's now filed a claim. The restaurant denies any wrongdoing, but hopefully, if Sofie's account is true, Sticky's Finger Joint will pay the consequences.
Because even if restaurants, especially the trendy ones, are known for their drug culture, it is 100 percent unacceptable to shove 'shrooms down someone's throat. I should hope that goes without saying, but hey, ya never know.
Here's hoping that justice is served.
Now, why are the walls dancing and who is this adorable leprechaun jumping on my keyboard?
What's the worst thing that's happened to you in a restaurant?
Photo via kristymp/Flickr