Heavenly Pink Lemonade Bar Recipe Is the Perfect Summer Dessert
by Lindsay Mannering
June 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM
in Food & Party
Looking for the ultimate summer dessert recipe? Search no further. Pink Lemonade Bars are the perfect treat. Deliciously tart and divinely gooey, this recipe is just what you've been looking for.
Pink Lemonade Bars
Prep time: 15 minutes. Ready in: 1 hour 20 minutes. Makes: 24 bars.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flour
Pinch of salt
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Several drops of red food coloring
1/2 cup flour
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Cream together butter and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Stir flour and salt together and add to butter. Stir with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms.
- Press dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees.
- Blend eggs and remaining sugar until lemon-yellow and smooth. Add lemon juice, zest, and food coloring until the color of pink lemonade. Add flour slowly, stirring constantly so lumps do not form.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until firm. To check for firmness, give the pan a small shake -- if there is little movement in the center of the filling, it's done.
- Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar before cutting. Add raspberry garnish if you please.
Click the "Like" button below to get a tasty recipe every day on Facebook.