Summertime brings plenty of pool party invites. Which means we must be prepared! There are some spoken and unspoken pool party rules we should all follow -- aside from making sure you remember your sunscreen or wide brimmed hats. This is etiquette for both you and your kids to consider.
There are 5 annoying things all families will want to avoid at a pool party that particularly stand out.
1. Kids and water guns or water balloons. They don't mix. Particularly when there are people who don't want to get wet. Aunt Sally with her perfectly set and straight-from-the-hairdresser hair is just one guest who doesn't want to become victim. Neither is anyone wearing dry-clean only.
2. Too many kids, not enough floaties. Let's also add in supervision. Pool parties need safety first and foremost. We need adults around and plenty of floaties or whatever is the best safety device for each kids. Without this there is stress and kids upset they can't go in the pool.
3. The swim diaper situation. Some people are real sticklers when it comes to kid poop floating in the pool. Consider this before you go.
4. The adult bathing suit situation. Parents need to consider this when hanging out with their kids at a pool party or they will literally be hanging out. Kids love to pull on strings.
5. When the music is too loud. This goes for any party any time, but music that blares so loud you have to shout so people can hear you just makes it all less fun.
What are other annoying things that go on at pool parties, particularly when it comes to parties with kids?
Image via Jeffrey Wright/Flickr
Do it yourself
Concierge service through your credit card