Think your Crock-Pot is only for meats and veggies? Think again. The slow cooker is great for all kinds of recipes, sweet and savory alike. Take this amazing Crock-Pot brownie recipe, for example. If you think you make warm, gooey brownies now, just wait 'til you try these.
Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Brownies
Makes 14 servings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- Lightly coat a 5-quart slow-cooker insert with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper and lightly coat with spray. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Place butter and chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted. Add sugar; stir to combine. Stir in eggs. Add flour mixture, walnuts, and chocolate and stir just until moistened (do not overmix). Transfer to slow cooker and smooth top.
- Cover and cook on low, 3 1/2 hours. Uncover and cook 30 minutes. Remove insert from slow cooker and run a knife around edge to loosen brownies. Let cool completely in insert on a wire rack, about 2 hours. Turn out onto a work surface and cut into 14 brownies.
Note that if they come out a little raw in the center, they'll cook-through while cooling.
Photo via dichohecho/Flickr