I'd eat two wooden coasters smashed together with marshmallow cream, but this recipe for chocolate chip cookie whoopie pies sounds a lot more appetizing. Warm, soft cookies and gooey marshmallow filling? What's not to love.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Marshmallow Whoopie Pies
Makes 16 pies.
Ingredients for the cookie part:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in half of the flour mixture, followed by the buttermilk. Stir in remaining flour, mixing just until no streaks of dry ingredients remain. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, making them as round as possible, onto prepared baking sheet. You will need 32 individual cookies.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, until cookies are set and spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool on a wire rack completely before filling.
For the marshmallow filling:
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add remaining ingredients, beating until well blended.
Smush some marshmallow cream in between two cookies and enjoy!
Photo via seelensturm/Flickr