One of the easiest, but most special, ways to celebrate Mother's Day is by serving Mom breakfast in bed. And one of the best breakfast in bed foods is pancakes. Blueberry buttermilk pancakes, specifically. This breakfast treat is super easy to make, but not something you're likely to whip up every day. Go on. Give Mom what she really wants this Mother's Day: Sugary sweet, light and fluffy pancakes the minute she wakes up!
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes adapted from Food Network
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, plus some for frying
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Whipped cream and maple syrup (optional)
1. In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a lumpy batter, being careful not to over mix.
3. Heat some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet and sprinkle the top with some of the blueberries. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
4. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and maple syrup.
Image via nemuneko.jc/Flickr