What do you get when you combine Twinkies and pie? If you said crazy deliciousness, you're right! You know what you win? The recipe for Twinkie Pudding Pie!
Seriously, guys, this recipe could not be easier. Your child could do it. In fact, your child should do with you. And promise you -- you're hard-pressed to find something more delicious. This is good.
Twinkie Pie adapted from Navy Wife Cook
- 1 box of Twinkies
- 2 3.9 oz boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- Cool Whip, cherries, and sprinkles for garnish
1. In a large bowl, whisk together both packages of pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Place bowl in the refrigerator to set.
2. Unwrap Twinkies and split lengthwise. Line a 9×13 pan with the Twinkies, cream side up. There should be exactly enough to line the entire pan.
3. Remove pudding from refrigerator and spread over Twinkies. Top with drained pineapple. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours.
4. Serve topped with Cool Whip, sprinkles and a cherry.
Image via Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife/Flickr