If you ever have a brunch to go to, or heck, just want to make a super spesh breakfast, I have the perfect thing for you: Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Casserole. Not only is it ridiculously easy to make -- you just mix ingredients together and bake! -- it's like an Egg McMuffin in casserole-form. What could be bad about that? You don't want to skip this recipe, guys. It's incredibly delish.
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Casserole
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese and sausage.
2. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Image via stevendepolo/Flickr