The following is a post from our sponsor, Quaker.
Sure, made-from-scratch treats are great, but sometimes we don’t have the time to whip up a batch of wholesome banana muffins right on the spot. If you’re looking for fast, fun and delicious treats you can serve to your kids at a moment’s notice, look no further than these simple DIY recipes that use store-bought ingredients to save time.
1) Granola Bar Sundaes:
Put a few spoonfuls of your kids’ favorite low-fat yogurt in a bowl and top with a chopped-up Quaker Big Chewy bar
and some berries and crushed nuts (if your kids like them).
2) Fruit Kabobs: Here’s a colorful snack kids will love to eat! Thread berries, melon and more on wooden skewers, alternating with cubes of cheese (you can find these and even cutout shapes near the shredded cheese). Save even more time by getting pre-cut fruit at the store.
3) Magic Wands: Pretzel rods dipped in a little peanut butter and rolled in raisins or diced dried apricots make for a truly “magical” treat!
4) Caramel Apple Wedges: Slice up an apple or two and serve with jarred caramel sauce for dipping.
5) Cinnamon Popcorn: A little sprinkling of cinnamon sugar (for 8 cups of popcorn, mix together 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon) elevates this ordinary snack to sweet-treat status. Spray the popcorn with a little cooking spray before adding the cinnamon-sugar to help it stick.
6) Banana Cream “Pies”: Top a graham cracker square with a dollop of low-fat vanilla yogurt and banana slices. Or make a parfait version, layering crushed graham crackers with the fruit and yogurt.
What are your kids’ favorite treats?