Adorable Rice Krispie Treat Cupcake Recipe Is the Ultimate Twofer
by Lindsay Mannering
April 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM
in Food & Party
I'm not quite sure who masterminded this Rice Krispie treat cupcakes recipe, but they need to be considered for a Nobel Peace Prize. I mean, what better way to tranquilize a group of hungry kids than with a combination of their favorite sweet snacks? It's a twofer to end all twofers, and a snap crackle pop to end all snap crackle pops.
Rice Krispie Treat Cupcakes
- Make your favorite Rice Krispie treat recipe. Instead of pressing the mixture into a baking pan, press it into a standard-sized cupcake tin, making sure that it goes up the sides of each depression. I found that it helped to put an empty mini cupcake wrapper on top of the krispies and press down on all sides. Note: Use a silicone cupcake tin to make it easier to pop the krispie liners out. If you don’t have a silicone pan, be sure to grease the tin well before pressing the krispies in.
- Refrigerate the tin of “Rice Krispie cupcake liners” for at least three hours.
- Bake 12 of your favorite mini cupcakes. Remember, to convert a standard cupcake recipe to minis, cut the baking time in half.
- Do not remove the edible Rice Krispie treat liners from the cupcake tins. Do remove the paper liners from the mini cupcakes and place a mini cupcake in each krispie.
- You will notice that the mini cupcake is taller than the liner. Press on the top of the cupcake to flatten it a bit (when I first tried this with the krispie liners removed from the tin, the force of pressing on the cupcakes caused the krispie liners to lose their shape).
- Remove the cupcake-filled treats from the tin.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.
- Top with sprinkles or anything else that makes you happy.
Photo via Rachel from Cupcakes Take the Cake/Flickr
Click the "Like" button below to get a tasty recipe every day on Facebook.