French toast seems to be one of those rare treats people only indulge in when they're out at brunch. But why? It's so good, and incredibly easy to make!
If you feel like doing something special one of these mornings, I highly urge you to whip up a batch of this incredibly delicious strawberry french toast. It truly is one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. And I guarantee you, your entire family and friends will agree. Bon appetit!
Strawberry French Toast
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 6 slices bread, just on the verge of stale
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons confectioners sugar
1. Whisk eggs, milk, and spices together in a pie dish. Let sit 2-3 minutes.
2. Place bread in egg mixture. Let each piece soak for about 1 minute on each side. The bread should absorb the egg mixture like a sponge.
3. In the meantime, heat a large, non-stick pan to a medium-high temp. Melt butter. Cook toast. It should take a minute or two to cook on each side.
4. Dust toast with confectioners sugar. Top with strawberries and an orange twist if you're feeling fancy!
Image via ralph and jenny/Flickr