Killer Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
by Maressa Brown
April 17, 2013 at 12:17 PM
in Food & Party
Whether you're baking for a crowd or looking for a simple comfort dessert that's great alone or served a la mode, chocolate chip cookies are can't-miss.
But sometimes, you may want just a little ... more. Chocolate chip cookies with extra chips and extra cookie. In bar form. Oooh. Enter the thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie bar recipe. It calls for two cups of chocolate chips. Oooey-gooey yeah!
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars via RealMomKitchen.com
- 2 1/8 cups (10 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup (7 ounces) light brown sugar
- 1/2 (3 1/2 ounces) cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Adjust the oven rack to lower-middle position.
- Line a 9X13-inch baking pan with foil, letting the excess hang over the edges of the pan by about 1 inch so you can grab those edges and pull the brownies from the pan after they have baked. Spray the foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside. Whisk the melted butter and sugars in a large bowl until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips and turn the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula.
- Bake until the top of the bars is light golden brown, slightly firm to the touch, and edges start pulling away from sides of pan, 24-28 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Remove the bars from the pan by lifting the foil overhang and transfer them to a cutting board. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.
Image via Heather Kennedy/Flickr
Click the "Like" button below to get a tasty recipe every day on Facebook.