Few things are more universally delicious and satisfying (and easy to make!) than summer pastas. Eaten as a side or a main, you really can't go wrong with a refreshing pasta dish -- especially one with juicy, ripe tomatoes; delectable mozzarella; and zesty basil. Drizzle with some olive oil and fresh herbs -- voila! Super delish. (And incredibly inexpensive!) Let's do Tomato and Basil Pasta tonight, guys. Seriously, it will not disappoint.
Tomato and Basil Pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 pound cooked and drained short pasta (such as campanelle)
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 pound burrata or mozzarella cheese
- Small basil leaves
Combine olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss in cooked and drained pasta. Tear tomatoes and cheese; scatter over pasta. Garnish with basil leaves, and sprinkle with pepper.
Image via whitneyinchicago/Flickr