If you were excited when you heard about the Honey Boo Boo book that's coming out this summer, man do I have a treat for you. Apparently the McIntyre clan is coming out with a TLC cookbook, too. And even BETTER news? There's a possible book tour in the works to celebrate both titles. You better redneckognize!
It's funny, really. A Honey Boo Boo cookbook? Coming from a family who is known for their cheese puff fascination, love for barbecue, and ketchup-pasta-butter mashup "sketti"? Something tells me they may need a little help on this+one. Check out some of our great Honey Boo Boo recipe suggestions, here:
1. Roadkill soup: The family's admitted to eating roadkill in the past. This easy crock pot stew would be a natural addition to their cookbook. Heck, what's easier than throwing a few things in a crock pot and letting them stew for hours -- right?
2. Sketti: Obvious one here. No further explanation needed.
3. Alana juice: Remember Alana's obsession with "go go juice," that combination of Mountain Dew and Red Bull? I wouldn't doubt the family will put a healthier, MUCH LESS caffeinated version in the book. They'll call it Alana juice. In the recipe? Maybe just Diet Mountain Dew and Pixy Stix. Should get the job done, right?
4. June's signature sauce: Every good cookbook has to have a signature recipe, right? You KNOW Mama June has some sweet tricks up her sleeve. The secret ingredient to her signature sauce? Ketchup, of course.
5. Cheese puff chicken: For a family that loves cheese puffs as much as the Boo Boos (as I love to call them), this recipe is a no brainer.
Cheetos chicken adapted from Food.com:
- 3 cups cheese puffs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
Instructions: 1. Turn your cheese puffs into small crumbs using a food processor. Once crushed, add in Parmesan cheese and poor onto a large plate.
2. Coat chicken breasts in flour, sprinkle with salt.
3. Mix the water and egg together in a shallow bowl, then beat until well-combined. Dip floured chicken into the egg mixture, then dip into the cheese puff crumbs.
4. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Would you buy a Honey Boo Boo cookbook?
Image via lepkommunikacio/ Flickr