If you think there's nothing better than pancakes, may I introduce you to Chocolate Pancakes? No, not chocolate chip pancakes (though, these do have them, too!). Pancakes that are made with yummy chococlate, giving every bite a sweet, decadant taste. They, in a word, rule. And they're incredibly easy to make.
Not sure I'd advise eating this scrumptious breakfast every morning, but for a once-in-a-while treat, it's heavenly. And I can guarantee you, the kids will agree.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Beat eggs, milk, and vanilla in another bowl; mix in the melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter on griddle and cook until bubbles pop in the center of the pancake, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip, and cook an additional minute on the opposite side.
Image via Pete R./Flickr