How many batches of standard chocolate chip cookies have you made? It's time to switch up the routine, people, and this vanilla chocolate chip cookie recipe is just the thing. First of all, it's colorful; second of all, it's adorable; third of all, it's easy. What's not to love?
Makes 4 dozen. Prep time: 10-15 minutes; bake time 10-11 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 10 oz. butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups white flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Blue Candy Melts
- Green Candy Melts
- Pink Candy Melts
- Yellow Candy Melts
- Grind oatmeal and remove from processor.
- Cut your candy melts in small pieces with a knife.
- In a large bowl, beat together for 2-3 minutes: Butter, white sugar, and brown sugar (hand-mixer or stand-mixer).
- Add and beat until well blended: Eggs, vanilla extract, and dash of salt.
- Add and beat for another 2-3 minutes: White flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and oatmeal.
- Mix in the cut candy melts/or chocolate chips (whatever you prefer).
- Scoop spoonfuls unto lightly greased cookie pans or on parchment paper, bake until set but still soft.
- Let the cookies rest on pan for another 3 minutes. Remove ... and enjoy!
Photo via niner bakes/Flickr