What better way to celebrate Daylight Savings than with a cool, light dessert? Being that it's March, it's not quite ice cream season yet -- actually, who am I kidding? It's always ice cream season. But now's the perfect time for pudding. Homemade chocolate pudding. Actually, make that homemade chocolate banana pudding. Yeah, I went there.
You're hard-pressed to find an easier dessert than this one, friends. And it's always a hit -- I mean, come on, who doesn't love Homemade Chocolate Banana Pudding? Who?!
Chocolate Banana Pudding
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 26 chocolate wafers
- 3 bananas, thinly sliced lengthwise, plus 1/2 banana, sliced into rounds
1. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil over medium-high. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar and whisk to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
2. Layer 13 chocolate wafers in a 2-quart baking dish. Add half the chocolate mixture, then top with lengthwise banana slices. Top with 13 more cookies and remaining chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate until pudding is set and cookies are tender, about 2 hours (or up to 1 day). Top with round banana slices and serve.
Image via llsimon53/Flickr