JWoww looks incredible these days as a result of her commitment to eating healthy and exercise. By eating healthy, I mean doing the strict-sounding, hunter-gatherer Paleo diet. You can eat fruits, veggies, nuts, meats, and seafood, but the diet is gluten- and dairy-free. Rough, right?
But then, Jenni Instagrammed a big slice of cake covered in chocolate strawberries. She captioned the pic, “Gluten free and dairy free vanilla strawberry cake with chocolate covered strawberries yummmmm." Huh! Maybe it's not so rough!
Believe it or not, even when you eliminate gluten and dairy from your diet, it's not that hard to still enjoy some incredibly delicious, decadent meals and desserts. Here, a few gluten-free and dairy-free recipes to die for, starting with a Chocolate Brownie Batter Blizzard (oh yes!) ...
Chocolate Brownie Batter Blizzard from MinimalistBaker.com
- 2 frozen ripe bananas, chopped prior to freezing
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 2-3 heaping Tbsp cocoa OR cacao powder
- 1 heaping Tbsp salted almond butter
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (sub soy or coconut)
- Dash of stevia or agave nectar (depending on sweetness of bananas)
- 1/3 cup ice
- 2 (5-minute) espresso walnut brownies, crumbled (recipe here)
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT brownies in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If you prefer a sweeter shake, add more stevia or agave. If you prefer it thinner, add less ice OR more almond milk.
- Divide between two serving glasses and layer with brownie crumbles. Serve immediately or freeze, covered for later.
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes - These super-soft, sweet cupcakes are an out-of-this-world dairy-free and gluten-free treat.
Macaroni and Cheese - Who says going GF and vegan means you can't have ooey-gooey deliciousness like old-fashioned mac 'n' cheese? This delish-sounding recipe proves it's possible!
No Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies - Your favorite peanut butter cookie transformed!
Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Bisque - The Stir writer and the blogger behind Gluten Is My Bitch April Peveteaux swears this super-healthy and delicious gluten-free, vegan recipe from the Beachbody Ultimate Reset rocked her world.
Have you tried recipes like these? Would you?
Image via MTV