Anything that's a combo/hybrid (see how I did that?) of one treat and another is usually amazing. Chocolate + pretzel = bliss. Chocolate + pretzel + ice cream = even more bliss. Cookie dough + cupcake = Yes, please. You know what I'm sayin'!
Hence why you're sure to be intrigued by the combo platter of awesome going on in this recipe for Caramel Florentine Fudge Cupcakes. The cake is brownie-ish. Then, for bonus texture and delight, you take perfectly crisp, Italian Florentine cookies, crush 'em up, mix 'em in. And finally, you top it off with caramel and caramel butter cream. Oh. Wow.
Caramel Florentine Fudge Cupcakes from EezyRecipes.com
Fudge Brownie Cake Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, sifted
- 1 2/3 cups raw sugar, process in a grinder so it is very fine
- Egg Replacer for 3 eggs
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 7 tbsp vegetable margarine
- 5 oz. chocolate chips
- Melt the chips and margarine -- cool. Place the dry ingredients in a mixer and add the egg replacer -- combine and then add the chocolate. Mix thoroughly.
- Crumble 5 Florentine cookies. swirl them into the batter. Fill cuppie liners 1/2 full and bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool slightly. spoon some caramel on and into the cuppies and finish cooling.
- 1 cup vegetable margarine
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3 cup vegan sweetened condensed milk **
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt margarine over a medium in a saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, and condensed milk to the margarine. Continue to stir until the ingredients are mixed. Once all the contents are mixed, raise heat until this mixture boils.
- Reduce heat to medium after the mixture has boiled. Insert a candy thermometer and continue to stir. When the temperature reaches 245 degrees, remove the saucepan from the flame.
- Add vanilla to the mixture and stir while cooling.
- **For sweetened condensed milk: Mix together dry soy milk powder equivalent to making 3 cups milk.
- Heat 3/4 cup water until boiling point.
- In a pan on the stovetop: Melt 6 tablespoons vegetable margarine. Add 1 1/2 cup raw sugar.
- When the sugar begins to melt, add hot milk and a dash salt.
- Boil gently and stir 5 minutes.
Caramel Butter Cream Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup vegetable margarine
- 1/3 cup caramel
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
Mix frosting until smooth. Top the cupcakes and add a half cookie as garnish. Add sprinkles if you like.
Image via Vegan Feast Catering/Flickr