Let's face it. It's gray outside and we could use some color in our lives, so why not try this painfully simple Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treat recipe to add a little rainbow to snack time? The bright colors of the cereal combined with the familiar flavor and texture of an old classic will have kids begging for more. Best part is they only take 15 minutes to make. What are you waiting for?
Fruity Pebbles Treats
Makes 12 servings, takes 15 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package of regular marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Fruity Pebbles; stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cut into 2-inch squares when cool, or cut with heart-shaped (or any shaped) cookie cutter. Best if served the same day.
Or, you can make them in the microwave:
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
Photo via upsidesunny/Flickr