Even though Valentine's Day is behind us now, romantic, decadent, dare I even say "sexy" desserts are always in season. What constitutes a romantic, decadent, sexy dessert? Something as rich as it is sweet ... Something like raspberry-spiked brownies! Mmmm.
The key to this delish recipe is the fresh or frozen raspberries. Sure, you could use raspberry "flavoring," but nothing beats real berries, which add to the brownies a tart kick and texture, too! Oh, and did I mention, they're super easy and ready in 30 minutes? Oh yeaaaah.
Raspberry-Spiked Brownies from Epicurious.com
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces butter
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 355°F. Place the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Place in a bowl with the sugar and eggs. Sift over the flour, baking powder, and cocoa and mix to combine.
- Pour into a 9-inch greased square cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Top the mixture with the raspberries and bake for 30–35 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream.
Image via hozinja/Flickr