The Only Valentine's Day Breakfast Recipe You'll Need (Hint: It's Heart-Shaped)
Looking for a super-cute Valentine's Day breakfast idea? Check out these adorable heart-shaped toast cups. These are individual-sized toasts filled with bacon and egg. And the bacon looks like little arms about to hug you. We first spotted them on the blog Recipe by Photo. The step-by-step photo tutorial makes it look so easy.
The recipe is by Jaymee Sire of E Is for Eat. You'll need heart-shaped muffin cups. Otherwise, this is super-simple -- just cut and butter bread, and place cooked bacon and a raw egg, and bake. What a cute way to say Happy Valentine's Day to your family first thing in the morning!
3-6 slices bread (depending on size of bread)
Butter or margarine
6 slices bacon
6 large eggs
Salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Using a cookie cutter, egg fry ring, or empty can, cut 6 rounds of bread. Using a rolling pin or your hands, flatten rounds slightly.
3. Cut rounds in half and butter one side. Place buttered-side out in the muffin cups, using extra bread to fill in any gaps (if needed). (If using a pan with more than 6 cups, space your egg cups so everything cooks evenly.)
4. Fry bacon in a skillet until partially cooked, 4-5 minutes. (It will finish cooking in the oven.)
5. Place the bacon in the cup, covering the bottom. (It may be easier to first cut each piece in half.)
6. Crack an egg in each cup. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are just set, about 20 minutes.
Makes 6 toast cups.
Image via Jaymee Sire, E Is for Eat
Piping Hot Posts