As far as comfort foods in the sugary realm go, nothing beats the ultimate, old-fashioned chocolate chip cookie. That is ... nothing except a massive ultimate, old-fashioned chocolate chip cookie. You know, like the ones you can only seem to get when you go to a bakery or Starbucks. The ones that are probably worth at least two servings, but when you're in an indulgent mood, who cares!
Sometimes, a cold winter day -- or even a big football game! -- just calls for baking up a batch of those XXL chocolate chip cookies. Lucky for you, here's a delicious, easy recipe for them ...
Bakery Style XXL Chocolate Chip Cookies from PickyPalate.com
- 2 sticks (1 cup) softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In stand mixer, cream butter and sugars for a good 3 minutes. Will be light and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- With a giant cookie scoop or a heaping 1/4 cup, scoop dough onto your prepared baking sheet fitting only about 5 cookies per sheet. Press each cookie down to about 1/2 inch thick before baking.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, until cookies are baked through and edges golden. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. Place on cooling rack to finish cooling. Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container.
Makes 10-15 XXL cookies.
Image via Lara604/Flickr