Amazing Cake Batter Milkshake Recipe Is a Party in Your Mouth
by Lindsay Mannering
January 21 at 9:05 AM
in Food & Party
When it comes to cake batter, there's nothing I wouldn't do. Why is that shit so good? I don't know, but it just is, and I want it to my face 24/7. So imagine my delight when I stumbled upon this recipe for a cake batter milkshake. Best part is, it's not that bad for you! All the flavor with almost zero guilt. You can totally feed this to your kids and they'll think it's the most decadent treat in the world (especially if you top with colorful sprinkles and one of those tiny little umbrellas) and they won't even realize it's made with a banana and is sugar-free.
Cake Batter Milkshake via Chocolate Covered Katie: The Healthy Dessert Blog
- 1 frozen, large banana, as ripe as possible (peel it before you freeze it!)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted coconut butter
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup milk of choice (For an extremely rich, ice-cream-like shake, try full-fat canned coconut milk. Use more or less milk, depending on desired thickness.)
- Optional: 2-3 tsp butter-type spread (such as Earth Balance), melted, for a more cake-like flavor.
- Optional: handfuls of sprinkles
- Blend everything together in a blender. Add some sprinkles, pre-blending, and throw some more on top.
Photo via ChocolateCoveredKatie.com
Click the "Like" button below to get a tasty recipe every day on Facebook.