Sometimes you want good ol' fashioned, plain and easy macaroni and cheese out of the box. But sometimes, especially on a drizzly, freezing winter night, you want something with a little more "oomph!" Something a little more comfort foody. Something like ... Crock-Pot mac 'n' cheese! OMG, yes, please.
And while you might think of slow cooker recipes as taking all day long, this mouthwatering one cooks up in 3 hours or less. Not too shabby!
Check it out ...
Crock-Pot Mac 'n' Cheese from HighHeelsandGrills.com
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled to room temp.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, evaporated milk, butter, eggs, and salt in slow cooker and whisk until smooth.
- Add the Italian cheese and macaroni and sprinkle with pepper to taste -- stir gently to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to low and cook for 1.5-2 hours, until center does not jiggle and pasta is tender.
- Place this cheesy goodness in a bowl and eat like you've never eaten before.
Image via Steven Depolo/Flickr