There is nothing better than a delicious piece of homemade cheesecake, but there's hardly anything worse than making one yourself. It just takes so long. The mixing, the baking, the sitting overnight ... there's nothing quick and easy about the process. 'Til now. I just found this no bake caramel cheesecake recipe that I can't wait to try. I feel like this is along the lines of the life-changing discovery that you can make a cake in a mug in a microwave. Relatively instant desserts cannot be overrated.
No Bake Caramel Cheesecake
Serves 4, takes 25 minutes (plus 4 hours sitting time).
- 1 (6-ounce) pie crust (9 inches)
- 1 jar of caramel sauce (about 9.5 ounces)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Pour jar of caramel sauce and marshmallows in saucepan; cook on low heat until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well-blended, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Beat cream cheese and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended. Add marshmallow mixture; mix well. Gently stir in the whipped cream; pour over crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Photo via raramaurina/Flickr