Every once in a while, you want to bake a cake. Be it simply because you have a hankering for something sweet, or because it's someone's birthday -- you bakes the cakes. But what about a cake you didn't have to bake? What about a homemade ice cream cake? That's right, I went there.
Making a homemade ice cream is literally one of the easiest desserts to make in the world. And I don't think I have to tell you that it's incredibly delicious. There are a million to try, but since everyone loves Oreos, I thought we'd start with that: Homemade Oreo Ice Cream Cake. Yum.
Homemade Oreo Ice Cream Cake
1. Place ice cream in refrigerator to soften. Set aside 12 Oreos.
2. Take remaining Oreos and place in a large plastic bag. Crush with a rolling pin or frying pan.
3. Mix crushed Oreos with melted butter and pat into the bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan.
4. Gently stir ice cream to soften it a bit more. Spoon ice cream on top of Oreo crust. Smooth top and sides with the back of a spoon or spatula.
5. Cover cake with foil and place in freezer for about 4 hours. Remove cake from freezer and run a knife around the edge of the pan so it doesn't stick. Remove sides of pan.
6. Move cake to a cutting board. Cover sides and top of cake with whipped topping. Decorate with whole or halved Oreos and some crushed Oreos. Return cake to freezer for 3 to 4 hours. Soften about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Image via JFXie/Flickr