The other day I decided to bake muffins. I was bored and hungry, so I scoured the web for a yummy recipe, and I happened to happen upon a rather delicious one: Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Muffins. I know, I would never think to create this on my own either, but let me tell you: It was divine. And my house smelled amazing. And it was fun to do! Win-win-win! So, since I'm a nice gal, I decided to share this recipe with you. Don't skip this one, guys -- she's a beauty.
Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Muffins adapted from Taste of Home
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, milk, oil, orange juice and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and chocolate chips.
2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups or cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Image via jules: stonesoup/Flickr