Welcome to the start of the new year. That magical time when most of us vow to swear off all that rich, "bad" food we've been "allowing" ourselves to overindulge in over the past month. We're cleansing and detoxing and promising to only ingest green juice and egg whites. Suuuure! Let's be real. Sooner or later, we're all gonna crack and crave a sweet fix. Which there's nothing wrong with! Because there are many ways to do that without breakin' the calorie bank.
One of those ways: "Skinny"-ized desserts. Like this to-die-for no-bake peanut butter chocolate pie, which uses reduced-fat cream cheese and a light peanut butter substitute to create a decadent-tasting and weight-watching-friendly treat. Yes, please!
Skinny No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie from SkinnyTaste.com
- 5 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup Better 'n Peanut Butter
- 8 oz. fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed (you can try TruWhip for a healthy choice)
- Reduced-fat graham cracker pie crusts
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Mix in Better 'n Peanut Butter and beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into graham cracker pie shell; cover, and refrigerate until firm, at least 2-3 hours. Drizzle with chocolate syrup before serving.
Image via thebittenword.com/Flickr