Fabulous Lemon Cheesecake Bar Recipe That's Too Easy Not to Make
by Lindsay Mannering
December 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM
in Food & Party
I've had a hankerin' for lemon cheesecake bars ever since I saw one in a bakery window but was too busy to stop in and get one. They're just so satisfying. The tanginess, the texture, the cheese ... mmm, mmm, mmm. I just found this super easy lemon cheesecake bar recipe that even a kitchen-challenged person like myself can make with great success, and I can't wait to try it.
Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Prep time 20 minutes; ready in 4 hours 45 minutes; 48 servings
- 1 box lemon or yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). In large bowl, beat dry cake mix, butter, and 1 of the eggs with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Press in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup; refrigerate. Beat remaining 2 eggs into remaining cream cheese mixture on medium speed until blended. Spread over cake mixture.
- Bake bars 23 to 28 minutes or until set. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Spread with reserved cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until firm. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Photo via Jing a Ling/Flickr
Click the "Like" button below to get a tasty recipe every day on Facebook.