I'm just going to cut to the chase here: If you really want to wow people this Christmas, you need to make these incredibly adorable, genuinely easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes. They're hands-down the cutest treat you'll consume this holiday; your kids will love helping out (and they can actually help!); and come on, it's a Christmas Tree Cupcake -- is this even a discussion? Here's the recipe:
Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- 1 Box of your favorite cake mix (and the ingredients required to make them)
- 1 Box of sugar ice cream cones
- 2 cans of white frosting
- Green food coloring
- "Christmas tree decorations" -- your choice. (M&Ms, edible glittler, marshmallows)
1. Make cupcakes according to the box.
2. Frost cooled cupcakes with a bit of white frosting. Your choice -- buttercream, vanilla, whatever.
3. Add green food coloring to another batch of white frosting.
4. Place a sugar ice cream cone upside down on each frosted cupcake.
5. Using a pastry bag and the star tip, pipe short bursts of green frosting onto upside down cones, covering them completely.
6. Decorate them to your liking.
7. Have a great holiday!
Image via niner bakes/Flickr