Will you please look at these cute little guys? I die! These are the sweetest little snowman cupcakes ever. And the recipe for them is pretty simple -- vanilla cupcakes with frosting piped on to look like snow and candy decorations. This adorable confection is from Sharon Bowers' book, Sweet Christmas, which is loaded with other kid-friendly magical recipes for holiday treats and instructions for wonderful decorations. Check out the snowman cupcakes recipe here!
Snowman Cupcakes via Sweet Christmas by Sharon Bowers © Stewart, Tabori & Chang, 2012
More from The Stir: How to Build a No-Bake Gingerbread House (PHOTOS)
Yield: 6 snowmen
Ingredients for the cupcakes
Ingredients for the frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line six regular-sized muffin cups with cupcake liners, and line six mini muffin cups with mini liners.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat for three to four minutes, until the batter is creamy and fluffy.
3. Add one cup of the flour along with the baking powder and salt, and mix to combine. Add all the milk and mix until combined, then add the remaining flour and stir it in completely. Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners.
4. Bake the cupcakes for about 15 minutes, until a skewer poked into the center of a mini cupcake comes out clean. Remove the minis and let the larger ones bake another four or five minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Cool the cakes completely on a rack.
5. Combine first four frosting ingredients and beat the mixture until it's smooth: spread it on the larger cupcakes.
6. To assemble the snowmen, make the face by putting an unwrapped mini cupcake on its side on top of a larger cupcake and pipe frosting onto it to cover. Shape the eyes, nose, and mouth with candy (candy corn makes a good nose, if you have any). Use fruit leather cut into strips to make a scarf.
Photo by David Bowers courtesy of Stewart Tabori & Chang