Easy Peppermint Bark Recipe Makes Our Christmas Cravings Come True
Now that the holiday season is upon us, I have this one constant craving: Chocolate and peppermint. There's only so many peppermint mochas I can order before I vibrate out of my very skin. And I feel like there should be a bowl here on my desk filled with something chocolate and pepperminty. But what?
Oh yes, I know! This chocolate peppermint bark recipe. It's the easiest thing to make, too. I've found a recipe via Hershey's for dark chocolate, but of course you could swap in milk chocolate if you prefer that. My favorite thing about this recipe? Unlike other peppermint bark recipes, there's no yucky white chocolate to interfere with your dark or milk chocolate and peppermint bliss. Ho ho ho!
Chocolate Peppermint Bark based on Hershey's recipe
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chocolate chips
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies (your preference), divided
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place chocolate chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving at MEDIUM in 15-second increments, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred.
- Set aside about 1 tablespoon crushed peppermint candies; stir remaining crushed candy pieces into melted chocolate. Pour mixture onto prepared cookie sheet; spread to about 1/2-inch thickness. Gently tap cookie sheet on counter top to even out thickness of mixture. Sprinkle remaining peppermint pieces over surface. Repeating tapping cookie sheet on counter until candy is desired thickness.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in cool, dry place. About 3/4 pound candy.
Image via Lori L. Stalteri/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts