Chocolate Candy Cane Cookie Recipe
Holiday baking isn't always fun. December is a busy month as is, what with shopping, and decorating, and parties to attend. Not everyone loves adding "baking" to their already long list. But sometimes, it's essential. Your kid has a party, you have a party -- baking must be done! So, if you've gotta whip something up this year, why not make things easy on yourself by choosing a Christmas cookie that's both gorgeous and simple?
Nothing crazy here, guys. Just a few ingredients, a few steps, (a little break in between), and voila -- delicious-tasting cookies that will, without a doubt, impress your festive friends and family. I present to you: Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies.
Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies adapted from Foodess
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chunks
- 3 candy canes, crushed
1. In a microwaveable bowl, combine butter and unsweetened chocolate. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, stir, then microwave again in 30 second intervals until chocolate is mostly melted. Stir to melt the remaining chunks. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Sprinkle flour mixture over chocolate mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in white chocolate chunks. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake 7 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Return to oven 2-4 minutes longer, until edges are crackled and centres are just set. Remove and cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Image via Chica and Jo/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts