It's casserole season, people. Deal with it. The temperatures have dropped, leaving you and your family home more often. And when you're home more often, you want comfort food. That's just the way it is.
But that's good! Casseroles are a good thing! Not only are they incredibly delicious and weather appropriate, they're super easy to make. Oh, and they're always a crowd pleaser. Tonight's dinner is Chicken, Cheese, and Rice Casserole, friends. Bon appetit!
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves -- cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices soft white bread, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To Cook Chicken: Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, place in a microwave-safe dish, cover and cook in microwave for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and cook another 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Let cool.
3. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, combine chicken, rice and soup and mix well. Top with cheese, then with bread cubes.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and bread is crunchy.
Image via Food Is My Life / Foodie Baker/Flickr