I can bake, and I can get crafty in the kitchen (gimme a double-boiler and I'll make a mean batch of chocolate-covered pretzels), but I've always been envious of those women who gift incredible-looking, homemade holiday goodies to all their family and friends this time of year. They're always presented in such an adorable way -- in a cute tin or box with a bow. And their cookies or brownies or candies always look so perfect, too. Like they should be sitting behind glass at a fancy bakery. My baked goods never come out looking so flawless. But maybe I haven't been baking the right ones ...
For instance, check out this two-ingredient, 20-minute, and super-easy Oreo bark recipe. It's foolproof -- bound to look delectable no matter how you slice it! And I'm pretty sure someone would have to be just plain crazy to not be thrilled to receive it as a gift. Check it out ...
Cookies and Cream Oreo Bark from BakersRoyale.com
Preparation: Line an 8×8 pan with enough parchment or wax paper for a 1 inch overhang on each side.
- 10 oz. Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 15 regular size Oreos, plus 3 more for topping
- Place chocolate in a double boiler over low heat and stir continuously, until chocolate is completely melted. Transfer chocolate to a heat proof bowl and cool for 5 minutes. Add chopped Oreos and stir to combine. Pour mixture into pan. Use a spatula to smooth out top.
- Finely chop remaining Oreos and sprinkle on top. Chill for about 10 minutes until chocolate becomes solid.
- Lift whole bark out of pan by holding onto parchment or wax overhang. Split bark into pieces with a fork.
- To shave off even more time, use mini Oreos to bypass chopping regular size ones.
- If white chocolate doesn’t suit your taste, use any chocolate that does.
- You can leave the top bare but keep in mind it will look slightly gray from the mix of black Oreo crumbs against the white. To avoid the unappetizing gray tint, either drizzle the top with chocolate or sprinkle finely crushed Oreos on top.
Image via Naomi Robinson/BakersRoyale.com