‘Apple Slice’ Sugar Cookie Recipe Takes the Cake
This is a great fall cookie recipe that the kids will love. They're fun to decorate, easy to make, and enlist "awwws!" from just about everyone who sees them. I mean, who wouldn't sigh when presented with a plate full of sugar cookies dressed up to look like apple slices? It's like, Wait, is that healthy fruit you're offering me? No? It's cookies?? Yay!!
Go ahead, make everyone's day with these adorable apple slice sugar cookies.
Makes 32 cookies. Prep time is 35 minutes, total time is 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Red sprinkles
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) of Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Black string licorice, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cut 17x12-inch piece of plastic wrap; place on work surface. Sprinkle red sugar evenly over plastic wrap. Roll cookie dough in sugar to coat. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze 30 minutes.
- Remove half of dough from wrapper; freeze remaining dough until needed. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices. On ungreased cookie sheets, place slices 2 inches apart. Place 3 chocolate chips in center of each slice to resemble seeds. To form slice shape, make 2 indentations on 2 opposite sides with fingers. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until unsugared edges are light golden brown. Insert 1 licorice piece on top of each cookie to resemble stem. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
Photo via pillsbury.com
Piping Hot Posts